Launch of the blog 'Gaf's Diary' as a visual storyteller.


I’m Salman Gaffary Hilmi know as 'GAF', an aspiring entrepreneur with roots in finance and I hail from the hills of Kandy, Sri Lanka.

Ever since I was a kid, there were few things which interest me until today and they are:
Food, Travelling, Photography, Historical Stories and making friends.
Memories are a key aspect in our life which keeps us alive and happy. Like everyone, I have fond childhood memories, an incredible school life, college and then a professional career in Finance.
Life is an experience and we have to live it fully with no regrets. Even though my education was in Finance, circumstances made me secure a job as a Marketing Executive. Nothing to complain, life is full of surprises and experiences. As a marketer I travelled to most parts of the country & off shore, and associated with people of all walks of life from core level labourers to higher level ministers, the fact is; I enjoyed it and learnt the trade inside-out.
After almost 2 plus years I had to leave marketing to focus more on my finance career and became an auditor. I know it may sound boring, but I was lucky to have travelled almost all parts of the country and globally in the name of ‘outstation audits’, hence led me to choose Maldives for employment. It was a thrilling 6 years in Maldives to have stayed in more than 22 luxury resorts, enjoying the yachts, deep sea fishing, diving, submarine and of course more than enough friends. Most importantly my long-lost photographic skills were reborn and I invested in my DSLR and enjoyed the breathtaking archipelago of the beautiful islands of Maldives.
Nothing stops me from exploring, my curiosity then led me to Qatar and here I am finding my luck in blogging while being busy with my profession, photography, travel, food and of course making a lot more new friends now.
“TO TRAVEL IS TO LIVE” as told by Hans Christian Anderson, the travel could be our lives, our profession, bondings, etc...
Any travel which gives us a progress and make us try new things, then indeed we have travelled far. And that travel gave birth to my personal blog “gafsdiary”.
Above is a snapshot of my curious life, and I sincerely hope I will do the best as a blogger with my sincere thoughts penned for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indeed Yummy - Delicious Desserts in Doha

Qatar - A Cyclist's Haven

Sushi with LOVE - M3 Kitchen Doha